The Black Isle Farmers’ Society is committed to protecting your personal data and processing it only in accordance with legal requirements. We process your personal data as it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you in order to facilitate your entry to the show.
The Society will use your information to do the following:
- store, process and retain, including electronically, all data and personal information provided by exhibitors for the purposed of operating the Show, maintaining appropriate records and communicating with the exhibitor in future concerning any of the Society’s activities
- publicise the names and home and business locations of exhibitors, including but not limited to prize winners, in Show catalogues, on the show website and elsewhere as part of the operation and promotion of the Show and future shows
- photograph any exhibitor or other person on the Showground and store and use the resulting image (including edited or altered versions) for any of the Society’s commercial or non-commercial purposes in all and any media including without limitation, use in promotional materials and on the Society’s website, or supply to carefully selected third parties for use for their own purposes. The Society shall own the copyright in any such images
- Publish the details and results of any disputes and/or appeals.
You have various rights in the data we hold including rectification and objecting to processing.
The policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us or that we may receive from others about you will be processed by us. It includes data that we hold electronically and in paper files. When booking a trade stand or entering to compete at the Black Isle Show (or other Society organised events) or other similar activities with which the Society is involved, we may need to share your data with relevant regulatory and similar bodies. For instance, if there is a breed society requirement for a class your details may need to be verified by them.
- We are required to provide you with this information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on 25 May 2018.
- We will process data to deliver the services the Black Isle Farmers’ Society (BIFS) provides to you.
- The retention of data will be held as necessary where we have a legal obligation or other legitimate reason for doing so.
- You have the right to know what information we hold about you. Unless the issue is complex, we will respond within one month.
- You have the right to have any information we hold about you corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Unless the issue is complex, we will respond within one month.
- You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue to hold it.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances, such as when there is a question over the way in which we are using it.
- You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and for direct marketing.
- We will stop processing your data on the basis of legitimate interest unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for us to continue.
- We will stop any processing of your data for direct marketing as soon as we receive an objection.
If you are not satisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner at: Information Commissioner’s Office, 45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
For further details contact the Society at [email protected]onnect.com